Available in the Ubuntu Software Center. You can also donate a small amount to support development of DayJournal and install a development version of DayJournal via PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:thejambi/thejambi sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install dayjournal
DayJournal is a minimalistic digital journal that lets the content you create outlast DayJournal itself.
- Future proofs your journal entries by saving them as plain text and organizing them as you go. This means you can read or create entries when you don’t have DayJournal.
- Automatically saves as you write.
- Easily sync journals with Ubuntu One or Dropbox because you choose where your journal folder is.
- Add pictures to your journal entries.
- Manage multiple journals.
- Keyboard shortcuts make it easy to navigate through entries.
- Menus are designed to work with Ubuntu’s HUD.
- Create a journal archive file, an html page that looks great when printed so you can keep a physical journal too.
- Add to your journal from anywhere with Blip Journal for Android. DayJournal can automatically import entries synced to Dropbox from Blip Journal. On iOS? Now DayJournal can automatically import entries synced to Dropbox from the Day One app as well.
Simply put, DayJournal is the simple digital journal that finally does it right.